Recognizing that local problems require local solutions, Roanoke Prevention Alliance (RPA) was created in 1997 to build a coalition of citizens, parents, and professionals devoted to preventing drug and alcohol abuse among teens and young adults in the City of Roanoke.
By working together, the coalition implements strategies based on collected data and deploys resources that are tailored to the needs of specific neighborhoods. Since problems vary by neighborhood the targeting maximizes the effectiveness of limited resources.
- Christopher Simmons, Co-President
- Kenneth Lyons, Co-President
- Zenith Barrett, Vice-President
- Paula Prince, Treasurer
- Sandra Pratt, Secretary
- Lisa Denny, Board Member
- Amber Lowery, Board Member
- Steven McKee, Youth Board Member
- Brooks Michael, Board Member
- Decca Knight, Board Member
- Stacey Sheppard, Board Member
- Taisha Steele, Board Member
- Susan Rieves-Austin, Ex Officio Board Member
- Christine Gist, RPA Director